Saturday, June 4, 2011

sweet things

A couple of things that have happened in the past couple of days that are so sweet I don't want to forget them.

Today Elliott and I were leaving for a playdate at a splash pad and he was buckled into his carseat and I was standing on the driver's side door talking to Nate about a couple of things before we took off. Elliott was super excited about our playdate and had been happily chatting about playing at the park and in the water when all of a sudden he yelled, "MOM! I love you!" Super, super sweet.

Recently I've gone out with a friend on a couple of weekend afternoons (mostly shopping trips that we don't want to take the kids on, so we go together and leave the boys with our husbands). Elliott was asking to go and I explained that this was a "Mommy Playdate." He seemed to understand after that.

So last week he asked if we could have a playdate. I asked which friend he'd like me to set it up with and he said, "No, with YOU Mom! I want a playdate with YOU!"

What a sweet little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment