Thursday, December 3, 2009

memories

You know how sometimes a song can transport you back to another time? I found this on youtube a few months ago. It was one of the songs in our Up With People show. Makes me cry every time I hear it. Makes me miss those days of traveling around in tour buses, eating crazy host family food and answering the same questions over and over again. Rocking out backstage with my friends, quick changes, gravity defying show hair, dragging a suitcase over cobblestone streets for miles to get to boys school where we were sleeping in the infirmary.

Makes me cry every time I listen to it. Man, I miss those days. Enjoy. Imagine rocking out on stage with 150 of your closest friends and singing your heart out. It's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tphqUr5S-DM


2 comments:

  1. I love how songs can do that. Great memories! I didn't even know about that part of your life. Sounds like a blast! How long were you part of that show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We traveled for a year. Basically, all of 1998 was on the road for me. It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete